The Glorious Hum - Main Page


The Thrills "Restaurant"

Closing shifts are the worst - you kick out customers, flip the open sign around, and find yourself ultimately alone. You mop the floor, clean the counter, put your time card through the machine an hour before you actually leave, wash the dishes, wonder if the paycheck is worth it. I wish I'd had "Restaurant" with me when I had to work closing shifts alone last summer, walking home in the dark with a paper bag in my hand and my headphones on: watching beautiful bar-hoppers, sleek-haired and slim, on nighttime vacations filled with bright lights and loud music. Even striding right past them, they always seemed so incredibly far away.

But I do remember something the Thrills seem to know: you work hard for your boss, who's never around and whose approval you never really cared about anyway. Your job is never your true vocation. I hope to avoid that in the future, and feel that this hope of mine is a luxury others often don't have. It's part of being young. I'm too old to be a Teenager (released July 30th), though.

The Thrills - Restaurant (Teenager)
The Thrills - Big Sur (So Much For the City)
Buy Teenager on Amazon.com
The Thrills' Website/Myspace

A little recollection: my dear friend and mentor Ben, a Belfast native, introduced me to the Thrills three years ago. Ben never let me take myself too seriously, but always managed to let me know he did. He got married recently, and I wish him only the best.

BONUS: Ben Kweller - Falling

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “The Thrills "Restaurant"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    GREAT SONG  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |