The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Shows to See in DC This Week

The high quality pickings are a little slim this week, I have to admit.

August 13 - Georgie James, Perfect Souvenir, and Brandon Butler @ Fort Reno (I'm going!)
August 14 - They Shoot Horses Don't They?, Ostinato
August 16 - Neko Case @ 9:30 Club (SOLD OUT like your mom)
August 18 - Juniper Lane w/ No Second Troy (I love these guys!), The Dreamscapes Project, and the Reserves @ 9:30 Club
August 18 - Jenny Owen Youngs, Jeremy Fisher @ Jammin' Java

Georgie James - Grizzly Jive

Jenny Owen Youngs - Drinking Song
No Second Troy - Brighten Up

Some linkage:
  • To the Man Cave gives us a sneak peak at the new Matt Costa album (previous post)
  • My Little Ghost Friend has new Bishop Allen tour dates, they've extended their U.S. tour into October with both a DC and Cleveland date (yippee!)
  • My favorite review of St. Vincent's debut album so far... over at Song, By Toad

Labels:

4 Responses to “Shows to See in DC This Week”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Heh heh - thanks Kate. I did wonder a bit when I wrote that one that I might have gone a little far and get some pro-St. V hate mail in the comments!  

  2. # Blogger Kate

    I love getting Hateful comments, actually. I usually get them related to Conor oberst or the White stripes, but I'm working on patrick wolf.  

  3. # Blogger jeffro

    No Second Troy's "Brighten Up" is one of the best singles I've heard by a local band.  

  4. # Blogger m. hall

    georgie james was so great, as usual, last night.  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |