The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Blog-happy band dump

Right now I'm incredibly frustrated knowing I have plenty of things I'd like to post on, but that first I need to go back to the folks' house to get albums out of the mail and photos (from Georgie James, etc.) off my camera and onto my computer. So I'm putting out a whole bunch of releases that I don't want to write about in detail when so many other bloggers have done them justice already.

1990s: Cookies (Buy it!)
Hailing from the U.K., these kids know how to make super-catchy pop.
1990s' Website/Myspace
1990s - You Made Me Like It [download or die]
1990s - See You At the Lights

Pelle Carlberg: In A Nutshell (Buy it!)
Lately I've noticed that I've been writing about a disproportionately large number of Canadian and Swedish bands, Pelle Carlberg being a sweetly-singing swede.
Pelle Carlberg's Website/Purevolume
Pelle Carlberg - Clever Girls Like Clever Boys...
Pelle Carlberg - I Love You, You Imbecile

Born Ruffians: ???
"???" Is not the name of their upcoming album. As of June we were told it's in the "final stages of mixing," but no info I know of yet on what it's called or when it'll be released. They're Canadian, of course. And they're touring with Caribou in the fall.
Born Ruffians' Website/Myspace
Born Ruffians - This Sentence Will Ruin / Save Your Life

Some more mp3s:
Manic Street Preachers - Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
Rilo Kiley - Frug
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 10 x 10

P.S. - I'm super excited about the tracklisting to the Soundtrack for "I'm Not There", the Bob Dylan Biopic.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Responses to “Blog-happy band dump”

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |