The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Jose Gonzalez: In Our Nature

I'd never listened to Jose Gonzalez until 3 weeks ago, when I first heard his song "Crosses." To say the least, I was pleasantly blown away and rendered incapable (until now, I hope I do him some measure of justice) of expressing the intangible dark quality to his music that so enchants me. The closest comparison I can think of is if the ghostly re-incarnation of Nick Drake were to suddenly appear, guitar in hand, and play so sadly and so sweetly as to convince me that he had never died at all.

For apparent reasons I don't consider myself enough of an expert to compare what I've heard of In Our Nature (to be released on September 25th) to Veneer, but in the songs I have heard certain themes seem to resonate clearly. I'm going to hazard a guest or two here, but some of my guesses are informed by the fact that supposedly the videos for In Our Nature will deal with the sins of humanity - you can see the music video for "Down the Line" here, I found it a little disturbing. The world is a place that has veered from paths of righteousness to where man's evil rules: Gonzalez sings, "It's not about compromise" and "What's the point if you hate and kill for love?" and those of us who read the newspaper every day know the world he's speaking of.

Label folks...I didn't want to post "Down the Line" and have you tell me to take it down immediately, so I'm posting an mp3 containing the first 36 seconds of the track, enough to make any good music nut deeply unsatisfied and desperate to hear the full track. Please let me keep it up.

Jose Gonzalez - Down the Line (36 sec sample) (In Our Nature)
Jose Gonzalez - Stay in the Shade (Veneer)
Jose Gonzalez's Website/Myspace

Important Tour Dates:

October 2 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
(more here)

Labels: , , ,

1 Responses to “Jose Gonzalez: In Our Nature”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |