The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Everything is new again!

Beirut - A Sunday Smile (live)
When I wrote about the new Beirut album, The Flying Club Cup, two weeks ago, I was incredibly frustrated that there hadn't been any leaks yet. Now we've got a live version of this track, at least (Thanks for the mp3 goes to Hate Something Beautiful).

Beirut's Myspace

Devendra Banhart - Seahorse [download or die]
I've always thought Devendra Banhart was a little strange, and it's true, he is. But listening to "Seahorse" is like listening to 3 different songs - first you get the quiet, acoustic guitar-playing, muttering Devendra; then comes the psychedelic piano pop "I wanna be a little Seahorse" Devendra, who has multiple incarnations and is a little crazy; finally, you get Devendra of the electric guitar and drums, rocking & rolling like The Black Keys or the White Stripes. He still wants to be a seahorse - but hell, I'd kill to be a sea turtle. Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon has me girlishly excited. Listen to some more songs here.

Devendra Banhart's Myspace
(his new website is so cool!)

Sambassadeur - Subtle Changes [highly rec'd]
ME: This isn't Sambassadeur! No way, their last album was practically twee.
NOT-ME: That was sooo obviously Anna Persson's voice. You fail.
ME: Oh, they're Swedish, I should have seen this coming. Who do they sound like now? WHO?
NOT-ME: Failure!
ME: They sound kind of orchestral...like, aww shucks, I give up.
NOT-ME: Ha. The song is called "Subtle Changes"... that's actually hilarious, in an ironic way.
ME: Okay, maybe it sounds like that new The Most Serene Republic song? or Sufjan? maybe it's kind of like when Camera Obscura upgraded its sound between Underachievers Please Try Harder and Let's Get Out of This Country?
NOT-ME: I know, comparing music is soooo rough. And you stink at it.
ME: Why do all these twee pop bands keep making their sound big and complex? It's the fragility ("like a baby bird who has fallen from the nest...") us twee-heads like!
NOT-ME: Get off that twee crack, now!

(Thanks for the mp3 goes to Hits in the Car)
Sambassadeur's myspace

Jose Gonzalez - Down The Line [download or...fail at life?]
I declared my love for Jose Gonzalez a week ago (read it!) and didn't want to post an mp3 and have to take it down immediately. But I don't want to be stingy, and when a track or two leaks off your album, you just have to embrace it. When the whole thing leaks, you have to fight it. This is a case of the former. And In Our Nature will be amazing.

Jose Gonzalez's Myspace

Scotland Yard Gospel Choir - I Never Thought I Could Feel This Way For A Boy
Pop is pop is pop is pop is pop is pop is...it's kind of catchy, but I don't have a lot else to say. I Bet You Say That To All The Boys was a pretty fun album, and this one sounds like it might be even funner. That's not a word. (Thanks for the mp3 goes to MOKB)

Scotland Yard Gospel Choir's Myspace

Randomness: When I read this today, I was incredibly jealous. I want a surprise like that to show up in my mailbox! I mean, I get cool CDs in my mailbox, but if the new Georgie James, Maritime, or Matt Costa album were to appear in my mail one day my life would pretty much be complete.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Responses to “Everything is new again!”

  1. # Blogger Bushwick is Beautiful

    ahhhh JOSE :-)))  

  2. # Blogger Kate

    :) I love jose gonzalez.  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |