The Glorious Hum - Main Page


just announced: Stars tour dates

In support of their upcoming album In Our Bedroom After the War (Sept 25), Stars will be touring the US this fall!
Update: I forgot to mention that In Our Bedroom After the War is now digitally available on iTunes, hopefully eMusic will have it up soon as well.

Sept 6th: Grand Rapids, MI - Calvin College Fine Arts Center
Sept 8th: Montreal, QC - Parc Jean-Drapeau
Sept 9: Toronto, ON - Virgin Festival

Oct 17th: South Burlington, VT - Higher Ground
Oct 18th: New York, NY - Town Hall
Oct 19: Boston, MA - Berklee Performance Centre
***Oct 20: Washington, DC - 9:30 Club***
Oct 24: Philadelphia, PA - Starlight Ballroom
Oct 26: Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
Oct 27: Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
Oct 28: Tallahassee, FL - Florida State University
Oct 30: Austin, TX - Stubbs BBQ
Oct 31: Dallas, TX - House of Blues

Nov 2: Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
Nov 3: Minneapolis, MN - Pantages
Nov 4: Omaha, NB - Slowdown
Nov 6: Englewood, CO - Gothic Theatre
Nov 8: Tucson, AZ - The Rialto Theatre
Nov 9: San Diego, CA - House of Blues
Nov 10: Los Angeles, CA - Orpheum Theatre
Nov 13: San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's 365 Club
Nov 14: San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's 365 Club
Nov 15: Portland, OR - The Crystal Ballroom
Nov 16: Seattle, WA - The Showbox Theatre

Stars - The Night Starts Here (In Our Bedroom After the War)
Stars - Romantic Comedy (Heart)

There's no Ohio tour date :(
I still can't decide whether to be happy about the DC date (my fall break starts October 20).

Labels: ,

10 Responses to “just announced: Stars tour dates”

  1. # Blogger MMHross

    I've listened to the new album once through, since purchasing it off of iTunes yesterday...I'm hoping a few more listens will resolve my current disappointment in the new album.  

  2. # Blogger Kate

    I didn't like Set Yourself on Fire anywhere near as much as I liked Heart, so I was expecting disappointment. Oh well.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Kate,
    Your website is awsome!!!...you talk about me on something....WELL AT LEAST ONE THING OR TWO OR....SOMETHING ABOUT ME!
    You should put music on that people dont have to download.....


    -  

  4. # Blogger Kate

    younger siblings leave the best comments.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    HEYYYYY!!!!!  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    PUT ON SONGS THAT I DONT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD KATE!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    please please please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz............by the way im also ))), and Ash.  

  8. # Blogger Kate

    Hey Ash, leave the comments alone for a while  

  9. # Blogger Will

    haha, I downloaded it yesterday at some odd hour in the morning (like 7:30am when I start work) and then today I burned it to a disc (so I could listen to it during my other job of delivering pizzas...wooo!) and since it was on disc I just uploaded a couple of the songs that I was fond of. Yes, Hearts was a good album, but I feel that this is a good one as well. Give it a fair listen. I think I will post more songs from it soon. Thanks for reading.  

  10. # Blogger Kate

    thanks for commenting. hehe.  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |