The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Blair + Bill Callahan

I woke up around 5 this afternoon (I'm not kidding), I'll be up all night writing a paper so expect some more posts...

Blair: Pluto EP (June 4)
I'm not sure I'm doing justice to Blair by writing about her in the same post as Bill Callahan even though I love Callahan (also known as Smog). The reason why: Blair is 23 and Bill Callahan has been recording music for about as long as I've been alive.

Back to Blair - I've had "Mona Lisa" on heavy rotation for just over two months (I'm not quite sure how I got it, but I'm guessing that it was from reading Pop Tarts Suck Toasted), assuming Blair was an established singer-songwriter who'd I'd simply missed. This was clearly not the case - Pluto is her debut EP, and you'll find as you listen to it that the simple loveliness overwhelms you.

Catch this - being from New Orleans, she named her EP "Pluto" after scientists decided it was no longer a planet, thinking it was a good metaphor for the changes in her city. Secretly I just want to be friends and have her come play at Oberlin for the hippies, but I'm just dreaming. I don't care if you're broke, buy Pluto ($7 at CD Baby) instead of buying the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs Is Is EP or something.

Blair - Mona Lisa (download or die)
Blair - Wolfboy

Buy Pluto from CD Baby (or from iTunes)
Her myspace

Upcoming Live Dates:
July 28 - Saturn Bar in New Orleans, LA
Aug 2 - Hotel Cafe in Los Angeles, CA

Bill Callahan: Woke on a Whaleheart (April 17)
I've never been a huge Smog fan (though I have an album or two on my computer), but I've had this song "Sycamore" from this guy named "Bill Callahan" on repeat for three months. Don't ask me how I never made the connection. I've really been enjoying Woke on a Whaleheart (finally got the whole thing a few weeks ago), which should please old Smog fans as well as the occasional M. Ward fan who never got into Smog.

Bill Callahan - Sycamore
Smog - Cold Blooded Old Times
Buy Woke on a Whaleheart from eMusic / Insound

Tour Dates:
Sept 2 Asheville, NC - Grey Eagle
Sept 5 Pittsburgh, PA - Andy Warhol Museum
Sept 7 New York, NY - Highline Ballroom
Sept 8 Boston, MA - Museum of Fine Arts
Sept 9 Montreal, Quebec - La Sala Rossa
Sept 11 Toronto, Ontario - The Music Gallery
Sept 12 Toronto, Ontario - The Music Gallery
Sept 13 Grand Rapids, MI - The Breakroom
Sept 14 Chicago, IL - Lakeshore Theater
Oct 7 San Francisco, CA - Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
Oct 10 Seattle, WA - Triple Door

Update: YANP has more Bishop Allen tour dates.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Responses to “Blair + Bill Callahan”

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |