The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Breaking out of the pop bubble.

This post was brought to you by the ice cream I'm eating right now. It's time for electronica and jazz.

Apparat - Not A Number [download or die]
I have a mix I use for studying made up of wordless electronica, someday I'll post some of it. This track made it onto there the first time I heard it.
Things I love about this track: the intermingling of three layers of music, oftentimes a violin and an undefinable beat, coupled with the ongoing sound of what sounds like malleted handbells, though I'm sure it's not. The result is simply beautiful.
Apparat is Sascha Ring, a sexy sexy German man.

Apparat's website / myspace
Buy Walls (released May 15) from Rough Trade / eMusic (and Stream it!)

Project Jenny, Project Jan - 320 [download or die]
When I listen to Project Jenny, Project Jan the head bobbing urge is unstoppable, I'm paranoid thinking people will stare at me. I get the sense listening to PJPJ that Sammy Rubin and Jeremy Haines (both guys, despite the band's name) have the same problem. They're touring with Fujiya and Miyagi, which should be reason enough to check them out.

July 12 - Grog Shop in Cleveland, OH!

Project Jenny, Project Jan's website / myspace
Pre-order XOXOXOXOXO (out August 14) - they also have an EP on eMusic

Von Sudenfed - The Rhinohead
Futuristic dance music you can't miss, with stolen talent - Mark E. Smith from the Fall and Jan St. Werner from Mouse On Mars.

Von Sudenfed's myspace, on domino records
Buy Tromatic Reflexxions (released May 21) from Insound / Domino Records

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Responses to “Breaking out of the pop bubble.”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    you should also check out apparat's komponent from silizium EP. best idm/minimal techno/or whatever song i've ever listened. and yes, he is charming in deed :] lots of girls concentrated on his face during his performance in istanbul.  

  2. # Blogger Kate

    I'll have to do that, though right now I'm just jealous that you saw him live.  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |