The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Monday Monday Monday

I decided today was the MONDAY for a MONDAY mix post.

Tegan and Sara - Monday Monday (expired)
...Tegan and Sara (who, unlike Belle and Sebastian, actually have band members named both Tegan and Sara) are Vancouver groupies who sing fun bouncy songs that actually have the potential to get radio coverage. And they're pop-ish enough to have both 12-year-old fans and self-respecting indie nerds singing their praises. Also, "Monday Monday" is one of my favorite of their songs, so it all works out for the best.
Confession: I really like the way one of them (Tegan or Sara?) sings, "What's wrong with you?" in this song. Do you think they'll teach me how to do it?

Eighteenth Day of May - Monday Morning's No Good Coming Down (expired)
...I've posted on them before, but I'll do it again. I believe I first heard of Eighteen Day of May on 3hive, and the description said they were some part folk music. I must have not really believed it, because at some moment having listened to about 4 of their songs in a row, I went, "This really is folk music! They weren't lying to me!" I'll be honest. This song is good, but quite their best. So here's just a wee bit more.
My beef with 3hive: Where did this "psychedelic pop" part of their description come from???

Wilco - Monday (expired)
If you're reading this as another indie nerd, you've probably heard of Wilco. If not, you're in for a treat - especially if you like country music. For your information, I don't. My DAD (who's responsible for all the Bob Dylan, Travelling Wilburys, Pete Seeger, and Moody Blues albums in the house) likes Wilco. People who like the Dixie Chicks like Wilco. People who 90s alt rock like Wilco. The people at the Grammys like Wilco. You should too.
Most important reason to download this song: If you listen REALLY carefully during the chorus, you can hear the cowbell.

The Bangles - Manic Monday (expired)
This song is so 80s it's disgusting. In a good way. And it's old. You should have heard it by now, seeing as it was written by Prince. If not, that's what the downloading link is for.

OTHER RANDOM THOUGHTS:
I've been a bit low on visitors lately, so I've been doing what I do best: obsessing over Sitemeter. Lately I've been getting very frequent visits from someone from Canton, OH who seems to have a link in their favorites to one really old post. Maybe someday it will occur to this person to check out the rest of blog. Maybe? Then there's the people who run google searches using the title of the blog. Seriously, people, you don't actually need to run a search since you already seem to know the name of the blog. Though if they're using google's translation feature, that would be an acceptable explanation.

WORLD CUP: The U.S. team SUCKS. OK?

Labels:

1 Responses to “Monday Monday Monday”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    haha, i used to have a special "monday music" playlist and that Manic Monday was number one on it.

    don't diss my morning routine! that song has helped me through some tough times!!!  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |