The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Beat Radio "What I love the most"

Beat Radio is another one of those bloggy bands (like the Sheds) who are awesome enough to make all their music available online; I first wrote about them in May.

"What I Love the Most" is at its core about confusion and not belonging, where comfort is found in finding "a place where we can be alone." Quoting Robert Frost, a poet who claimed to be most sure of himself when no one was around (think "Into My Own"), doesn't hurt Beat Radio's case.

Musically, Beat Radio is folksy and electronica-like (without actually being electronic, it's the quick finger-picking that does it) and lo-fi and sweet all at the same time. I'm gushing a little bit here, but I think they deserve it. Every time Beat Radio pops up on my mp3 player when I have it on random play I get this big goofy smile on my face and try to cover it up before anyone notices.

They're having their CD release show at Union Hall in Brooklyn, NY on August 11th, more info here.

Beat Radio - What I Love the Most [alt link]
Buy The Great Big Sea at CD Baby
Beat Radio's Website/Myspace
(lots more happy smiley downloads here)

Labels: , ,

0 Responses to “Beat Radio "What I love the most"”

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |