The Glorious Hum - Main Page


This is not news, but still I pine away.

There's been no news from my favorite Scottish twee poppers (and possibly favorite band of all time) Belle and Sebastian and no tour dates since last September. On one hand, this could mean that Stuart Murdoch is writing songs, the band is in the studio, and Stevie's just being his cute self. On the other...anything could happen! They could break up! They could go on being their charming Scottish selves and never record music together again!

In the Q&A Section of B&S's Website:
From: Derrick Reid
Q.Hey....You guys..... So...the suspense is killing me..! It's June 13th, not a peep from my favourite band as to their plans for the rest of the year !! Back to studio ? Album ? Tour ? What gives ? ;-) Derrick


A.
The Summer is calling, come blow your horn, go get a girl, go forth and live your dream.
See the colours in your paint box?
Mix them up and splash them across the Season's canvas Jackson Pollok style or if you wish, apply them with a more deft yet still joyful stroke.
I hate to be an emo kid, but I'm dying inside.

Belle and Sebastian - Sukie in the Graveyard (The Life Pursuit)
Belle and Sebastian - If You Find Yourself Caught in Love (Dear Catastrophe Waitress)
Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit (The Blues Are Still Blue EP)
Belle and Sebastian - Your Cover's Blown (Books EP)

Belle and Sebastian - I Know Where the Summer Goes (This is Just a Modern Rock Song EP)
Belle and Sebastian - Belle & Sebastian (Dog on Wheels EP)

Buy albums and apparel from the Belle and Sebastian shop

from "I Know Where the Summer Goes"

I know where the summer goes
When you're having no fun
When you're under the thumb
I know where the summer dwells
If your underarm smells
And your kitchen looks like hell

Labels:

3 Responses to “This is not news, but still I pine away.”

  1. # Blogger Ryan Spaulding

    When you have the time (perhaps you already have) I have hosted the B+S live show from last year at Washington D.C.'s 9:30 Club. It's the best show of theirs I have in my collection. A must have, really, if you are a fan.

    Belle & Sebastian play D.C. - March 5, 2006.

    Let me know if you have any trouble downloading it.

    Cheers, Ryan  

  2. # Blogger Kate

    I was at that show actually, thanks for giving me a heads up (I guess it was the npr version?)  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Thanks for "If You Find Yourself Caught In Love". It's since long a B&S fave of mine. I love Stuart's lisp in it, not to mention the brilliant kitchen sink-feel if it all. Cheers.  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |