The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Trey Mills

When it comes to submissions I'm a huge procrastinator, so sometimes I just have to prioritize. As soon as I heard Trey Mills' music I knew I had to write about it. I hesitate to make a comparison to Timbaland because of the obvious genre differences, but when a producer comes out of the studio into the spotlight, the result is usually worth listening to.

Listening to the Saving Me EP, some things are immediately apparent: like any good producer, Mills knows the ins and outs of masterful arrangements. What makes this particularly intriguing is that behind the layers of instrumentation is a poignant vulnerability. "Saving Me" is a particularly good example of the lucidity of Mills' lyrics (which would be hard to pull off without the strong melodies and instrumentals), his willingness to stretch his voice to frailty in order to convey his point. Fans of Pete Yorn, the Fray, Snow Patrol, and Jamie Cullum will find their place in Mills' music.

Trey Mills - Saving Me [download or die]
Trey Mills - Holding On

Buy Saving Me EP (also on iTunes)
Trey Mills' website/myspace

P.S. - I'm 19 tomorrow!

Labels: ,

6 Responses to “Trey Mills”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy B-Day!!

    It's official, by comparison, I am older than dirt.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    NICE! sounds good... thanks for the tip.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Yeah, I don't know about Timbaland. Maybe Mark Ronson, tho.  

  4. # Blogger Kate

    I love anonymous comments, because I never know who you all are.....  

  5. # Blogger -tom

    Happy Birthday Kate !

    You blog has quickly become one of my favorite daily reads.  

  6. # Blogger Kate

    awww shucks, thanks!  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |