The Glorious Hum - Main Page


If you missed it, fix it...the midyear edition

I tried and tried to put together a top ten list for this year's releases so far and failed again and again. Finally, as I had just given up, this list emerged....
In no particular order.... (Update: all the file links should work now)

(1) Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
Until this year's release of Hissing Fauna, Are you the Destroyer? I had dismissedOf Montreal as one of those truly pretentious bands I would never get into. This album proved me absolutely wrong, and I don't know anyone who feels as though Of Montreal sacrificed any of its uniqueness to do so. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Of Montreal - Bunny Ain't No Kind of Rider
Of Montreal - Heimdalsgate Like A Promethean Curse
Buy Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? from Insound

(2) Bright Eyes - Cassadaga
I'm wide awake, it's morning was the album that turned me from a casual Bright Eyes' listener to an all-out fan, and with Cassadaga it's clear Conor Oberst has perfected his craft and matured as an artist. Don't miss the Four Winds EP, which it stands on its own as a great complement to the album. My review of Cassadaga from back in April.

Bright Eyes - Four Winds
Repost: Bright Eyes - Classic Cars
Buy Cassadaga / Four Winds EP from Insound

(3) The Eames Era - Heroes and Sheroes
See previous post. This is perfect pop in a girly indie package, and every track on the album is lovely.

The Eames Era - When You Were a Millionaire
The Eames Era - Dear Gabby
Buy Heroes and Sheroes from Insound

(4) Page France - ...and the Family Telephone
Page France for me is the epitome of what indie pop gets right - that only by describing the world in terms of its idiosyncratic details and the singularity of any one person's experience can you capture life's beauty in its full complexity. And Page France can remind me of all this while putting a smile on my face.

Page France - The Ruby Ring Man
Page France - Hat and Rabbit

Buy Page France and the Family Telephone from Insound

(5) Feist - the Reminder
I initially expressed concern over this album, only to slowly find myself listening to it again and again without realizing it. The Reminder takes everything that makes
Leslie Feist's music great and wraps it all up in one neat accessible package.

Repost: Feist - 1234
Repost: Feist - I Feel it all

Buy The Reminder from Insound


Honorable Mentions:

Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger
LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Responses to “If you missed it, fix it...the midyear edition”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Can't hear a thing. Your "Bandwidth has been exceeded"  

  2. # Blogger Kate

    I'm assuming you're talking about fileden, in which case some of the links in that post should have worked, but not others.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    the links should work now  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |