The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Bowerbirds, will you take me in your talons?

Bowerbirds: Hymns for a Dark Horse (July 10th)

Confession: I've been a bad blogger of late (Ryan of the lovely e-mails, please forgive me). Bowerbirds' tracks have been sitting in my inbox molting away for a few months now, and I never noticed while all the pretty birds flew away. I couldn't put their beauty into words, and it hurt me so I ran away.

I'm serious. Reading Bowerbirds' lyrics on their myspace I've decided that they're really not birds at all - mama nature has been given a box seat to view the earth in all its messiness from space, and Bowerbirds stole mama nature's poetry and put it to grumpy acoustic guitars and sweetly singing violins. You're privileged to hear the result, as am I.

Bowerbirds - In Our Talons [download or die]
Bowerbirds - Dark Horse

Bowerbirds' Website / Myspace
Pre-order Hymns for a Dark Horse (or buy it at insound!)

Out there in my inbox are more victims of my disorganized life...I will try to free as many of you as I can in the next few days.

Labels: , ,

2 Responses to “Bowerbirds, will you take me in your talons?”

  1. # Blogger -tom

    Kudos to you Kate for letting them out, The Bowerbirds are but one of many things still trapped in my overly cluttered inbox for too long awhile waiting to be set free  

  2. # Blogger Kate

    There was a bird in the attic of my dorm the second half of last semester, and we couldn't get it out.... so bowerbirds.  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |