The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Of Montreal at Daytrotter

Getting a link from Best Week Ever, as I have discovered (again), is both a great gift and something of a curse. I get a flood of visitors to my relatively minor mp3 blog, and all they see is one mixtape I made up in the course of say, 10 minutes, as compared to some of the posts I spend significantly more time on. Additionally, when I get linked to by anyone big, I inevitably feel this undying urge to post something fast, before the flow of visitors returns to its usual number of 15 or so an hour (knock on wood), usually directed to my blog by google by pure happenstance. As a result, the quality of my posts inevitably suffers from my temporary ego boost.

Back on topic: I stumbled upon Bishop Allen's recent Daytrotter Session today only to be somewhat disappointed by the audio quality of the recordings and found myself browsing some of the sessions I had previously overlooked.
The most interesting of these was Of Montreal's; I usually associate the band with post-modern psychedelia, so to hear a stripped-down version of "Bunny Ain't No Kind of Rider" played on an acoustic guitar was somewhat endearing. Check it out - it's referred to as "Eagle-Shaped Mirror."

Of Montreal - Bunny Ain't No Kind of Rider (from Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?)
Buy Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? from Amazon

Labels:

0 Responses to “Of Montreal at Daytrotter”

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |