The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Mixtape: Photographs and memories

I went on a picture-taking expedition last week right outside of Harrisonburg's city boundaries. This photo is one of my favorites.

Bishop Allen - Click Click Click Click
Weezer - Photograph
John Mayer - 3x5
Yes, this song is by John Mayer, and it's embarrassing. Or not. I had an odd fascination with Room for Squares when it was first released, and of all the songs on that album, it's this one that I've continued to come back to.
The Cure - Pictures of You
The Bird and the Bee - I Hate Camera
Ola Podrida - Photo Booth
Ryan Adams - Burning Photographs
Belle and Sebastian - Photo Jenny
Filter - Take a picture

Labels:

9 Responses to “Mixtape: Photographs and memories”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi!
    The correct name of Filter's track is "Take a Picture".

    Thanks for the files! :-)

    xoxo  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I bought Ryan Adams' "Rock N' Roll" based on the strength of "Burning Photographs" and ended up liking pretty much the whole album. Love that reverb man!  

  3. # Blogger Parisian Cowboy

    hey,

    I like the photo. It's good too see some nature, especially when you are trapped in the city.

    See ya.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    The Belle & Sebastian song is really good, never heard that one before.



    http://monkeybastard.blog.com  

  5. # Blogger Kate

    Thanks you guys, though I'm not exactly trapped in the city.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I believe parisian cowboy is saying some of US are trapped in the city, and thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Not to mention, thanks for the songs!  

  7. # Blogger Kate

    You're probably right. Please excuse me while I go chastise myself.  

  8. # Blogger Joe M.

    Photograph, by Blue Rodeo.  

  9. # Blogger tyler.

    blue rodeo? HECK YES!  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |