The Glorious Hum - Main Page


The Deadly Syndrome

I'm having an incredibly difficult time trying to describe the Deadly Syndrome. I mean, this could be deadly - I could sit at my computer for hours instead of packing simply trying to make complete sentences and, in my failure, neither eat or sleep. SO deadly.

Hailing from L.A., the Deadly Syndrome seem to have that typically Californian attitude about their music that's both blazing with energy and incredibly blasé (maybe it's just a stereotype, but it made for a good pun - and, honestly, I'll say just about anything if it makes a good pun).
Some evidence (from their myspace):
Influences: Silence, obviously. Otherwise what would we have to fill with our lovely tunes? Well, your hearts and minds, but you get the idea. Next up we have Ebola - not only for being scary as shit, but for showing us the true meaning of deadly. Moving on, here at the DS we're big believers in Chaos Theory, some of our lesser known influences are an acorn falling from an oak tree in Ireland, circa 1312,...[it goes on like this for a good bit]
So the story goes: I really like their song "Eucalyptus." I also really like their song "Winter in You." The two songs sound like they could have been written by two different bands with no connection whatsoever; the same goes with their other songs I've heard. So here comes the comparison: sometimes they sound just teeny-tiny little bit like Modest Mouse. Their debut album, The Ortolan, will be released on September 11. To which I say: bitches ain't shit.

The Deadly Syndrome - Eucalyptus [highly rec'd]
The Deadly Syndrome - Winter In You
Pre-order the Ortolan from Amazon.com
The Deadly Syndrome's Website/Myspace

How to make a cool Deadly Syndrome Show Ghost. See photo on the left.

Labels:

2 Responses to “The Deadly Syndrome”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This band is indescribable. They're my second favorite, second ONLY to Modest Mouse. I'm listening to them now, actually. Ha. I could ramble all day about how great The DS is.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i love the song "Eucalyptus". heard it first in the Microsoft Zune commercial and haven't stopped listening to it ever since. by the way, could anybody tell me where i could find the guitar tabs for their songs.  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |