The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Baraka Noel

Here's my funny story: 2 weeks ago, in my weekly downloading spree, I downloaded some tracks by a guy named Baraka Noel and began listening to them only to discover that this rapper I'd never heard of was essentially the long-lost brother of Immortal Technique. The lyrics alone, provocative, angry, and thoughtful, were worthy of the comparison. Meanwhile, this unknown rap artist had somewhat sophisticated instrumental backing - a lilting violin in one track and a bright brass section in another. Who was this guy?
I ran a google search (the solution to all my problems) only to discover that this amazing rapper was virtually unknown and... an Oberlin student. I swell with school pride.

Baraka Noel - Europe's Not A Continent


Buy The Mixtape Philosophies of Mushroom Black
Baraka Noel's Website (lots of downloadable free tracks)
His Myspace (four tracks available for download)

P.S. - Happy Passover everyone!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Responses to “Baraka Noel”

  1. # Blogger Daniel

    I know! He's brilliant. I met him on an airplane going home for break a couple of years ago. (I am also an Obie, '07.)  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i may not be an Obie, but I have pride in this too...considering i'm one of the 3 emcees on the Citizens of Sleep album.
    check that out, it's the most recent of all of our work at this point.
    www.BarakaNoel.com
    -!nk  

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |