The Glorious Hum - Main Page


Danish cartoons

Wow. Since when do Danish cartoons get so much exposure? (on blogs, for starters: here, here, here, here, here, and here...i could post more links...but that's unneccessary). The original cartoon can be found on Wikipedia.
What I find interesting about most commentaries is that they do not consider how Christians in the United States would react if similar cartoons were published, but with Jesus instead of Muhammed. No, the response probably wouldn't be violent, but it would be angry.

Continuing to follow the My Space/Facebook hype...
...the first instance I've found of serious abuse of My Space (link from Drudge).
The reason I say hype is that recently The post, the Connection, the Arlington Sun, and my school's newspaper published a bunch of articles on my space and facebook.
Quotables: "However, are MySpace and Facebook really they claim to be, 'a place for friends,' or are they secret domains for deceiving teenagers?" and (from a different article) "I could comment on the sheer dullness, the fact it seems to exploit voyeuristic tendency or the inane manner of the chatter. But we all know that already."
To be entirely honest, I'm on Facebook but not MySpace. In case anyone wanted to know...
(The pretentious-sounding quote is from my ex-boyfriend. Note the prefix ex and the word pretentious and how I put them in the same sentence. There might be a connection.)

Randomness....

  • (a few days old) - cool NPR story on Tannen's new book on Mother-daughter speak. Her examples sound like me and mom when we're both in bad moods...
  • Wikipedia as tool for spin....hmm. the possibilities.
  • My Stars concert buddy moved back to New Orleans.....besides being sad he's gone, I need a new concert buddy and Stars finally sold out!

0 Responses to “Danish cartoons”

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |