The Glorious Hum - Main Page


So many bands, so small a budget.........

Some Fall/Winter Concerts Coming to DC

Bright Eyes on 11/18 @ Constitution Hall for $25

  • I was converted after buying "I'm wide awake, it's morning" Bright Eyes would be Bob Dylan reincarnated were Bob Dylan not still alive and plaguing all those who care to listen with his steadily declining voice. That is both a high compliment and a horrible insult. But I now officially not just love, but luuuv Bright Eyes. Though I still hold that I, along with those other hopeless fools who listen to Bright Eyes and catch themselves humming "At the Bottom of Everything" despite the fact that whether Colin Oberst sings more than one actual note (along with it's flat and sharp cousins) is questionable... oops, I lost the point of the sentence there. So I, along with all those other music snobs who write in run-on sentences when left unchecked, may or may not like Bright Eyes because it's good music or just because... it's different. And it kind of reminds me of Bob Dylan. Despite my jesting, I really do like Bright Eyes and am now debating where I should fork over $25 for a place in the t00-big-for-an-intimate-concert Constitution Hall.

Brendan Benson on 9/29 @ the Black Cat for $12

  • Still thinking 'bout this one.......

Say Hi To Your Mom on 10/4 @ Black Cat for $13

  • Say hi to your mom. I have to admit, I've gotten made fun of a lot for my professed love (not luvvv, mind you) of this band. And despite some awesome songs like "Let's Talk About Spaceships" and "Super" they tend to flirt with that deceptive line between irony and meaninglessness.

Carbon Leaf on 9/7 @ 9:30 Club for $15

  • I am so pleased to hear that Carbon Leaf, with its ever-growing popularity in the DC area (it's gotten radio time!) has not hooked up with some bigger irish band like Great Big Sea or Dropkick Murphys so I am forced to suffer quietly while ticket prices go up up up and Carbon Leaf's time on-stage goes down down down. Yay for the 9:30 club, with their standard $15 tickets!

Sufjan Stevens on 9/27 @ 9:30 Club for $15

Decemberists on 10/2 @ 9:30 Club for $18

  • I'm glad to see their heads have swelled after playing at lollapalooza. Weren't tickets for the Decemberists' show last year $10???

And....the important part.......
Guess who's NOT NO NEVER coming to DC???????

****rips out hair*****

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN!!!!!!! that lovable Scottish 7-some group just hasn't been the same since they started pursuing their pet projects (which include the notably bland Snow Patrol). And the album they just let out......a compilation of their EPs! My only hope is that like those magnificient bands who have come before them, their respite will be brief and only lead to better things. Probably not, though.

One more time for good measure:

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN!!!!!!!

0 Responses to “So many bands, so small a budget.........”

Post a Comment

MP3's are here for sampling purposes only (so please don't steal my bandwidth by linking directly to song files).

If you are an artist or label and want an MP3 taken down, send an e-mail to:
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
and the file will be down ASAP.

Google Custom Search

Contact Information

Want to
...Submit music?
...Ask questions?
...Write for The Glorious Hum?

E-mail me (Kate) at
theglorioushum (at) gmail (dot) com
(last.fm)(WOBC)(Twitter)

Some suggestions and notes regarding submissions (and other requests) can be found here.
About The Glorious Hum.

Me

 Subscribe to RSS Feed
OR Delicious Bookmark TGH on Delicious
OR Subscribe to TGH by e-mail
OR Give TGH a thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Support the Artists!



Buy it at Insound!



Yellow Bird Project

Buy a band's T-shirt, support a charity. Included in the project: Rilo Kiley, the Shins, Devendra Banhart, Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and others.





Last week's top played artists



Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Technical Support

I owe a big thank you to my Oberlin buddy Harris for some of the coding and for file-hosting (*hearts Harris*); you can hire him to build your website just because he's that awesome.


(Pretty Please) Bookmark The Glorious Hum on del.icio.us
My TTLB Ecosystem Details

Add to Technorati Favorites
Listed on BlogShares
Free Blogger Templates
BLOGGER
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
BlogBurst.com
mp3 blogs
make money online blogger templates


Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to Netvibes






I don't know anything about music. In my line [of work] you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

© 2005 The Glorious Hum |